Technical Support Specialist
Origin House is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at www.originhouse.com.
Origin House is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Specialist who can provide design, installation, maintenance and support service for our internal customers’ devices and networks. The successful candidate will work with our IT team to discuss the need for network changes and the feasibility of projects recommended by network users. The Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms. If you have previous experience in an IT position, please apply today.
Under the supervision of the IT Services Manager, the Technical Support Specialist supports day-to-day IT business needs such as troubleshooting laptops, printers, tablets, VOIP phones, Microsoft Office 365 or email issues. Help Desk first point of contact for employees. Prioritize, up level and address systemic issues proactively. Conduct trainings, write documentation, and send out IT-related communications to the staff. Works closely with Managed Service Providers and refers issues as appropriate.
Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation as you may be asked to travel to Sacramento or Santa Rosa to help with IT projects.
- Ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to the team on using that technology or additional services needed to support our internal customers
- Consult with IT team to make sure that additional devices, facilities, network expansion projects are in line with the company’s plans
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Work with our Managed Service Provider (MSP) and internal IT team to provide IT metrics to our internal customers
- Help the IT team resolve company-wide configuration management, anti-virus, security, updates, SSO across all devices
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
- Gather requirements from users to assist in forming recommendations for new or replacement devices
- Help work with our finance and IT teams to discuss lifecycle management, asset management
- Work with our internal customers on systems that are specific to our industry such as cultivation, manufacturing and distribution systems
- Help document IT processes, training
- Provide rapid, courteous response to our internal customers for IT issues
- Be ready to help your IT team mates in other regional teams (No.Cal, So. Cal, Ottawa/Toronto are our current geographies) which could necessitate travel or remote tech support
- Able to perform well in the startup environment, with multiple tasks and projects underway each day, working with frequent interruptions, while moving projects forward
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems(Windows 10, Windows Server 2016),including installation and configuration.Managing domain membership, wireless networking, antimalware suites, patch and driver management, printing.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office 365 administration (user adds/moves/changes, group membership, assigning licenses), MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams — both online and locally installed Windows/Mac versions) and Office 365 admin consoles.
- Intimate familiarity with Microsoft Outlook running on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, including calendar and inbox rights management.
- Experience with networked device troubleshooting (printers, scanners, tablets etc).
- Basic printer/MFP troubleshooting (toner, paper jams, referral of repairs to vendors).
- Ability to troubleshoot networked surveillance cameras and work closely with a dedicated vendor to guarantee uptime
- Basic networking skills (basic troubleshooting, monitoring and light administration of 802.11ac and Ethernet LANs)
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity (multi-factor authentication, good password practices, network account management, recognizing scams and phishing). Able to explain security concepts to users and assist them with securing their accounts.
- Experience setting up computer workstations with multiple external monitors, docking stations, input devices, headsets.
- Experience assisting users with BYOD iPhone and Android devices (phones and tablets)
- Familiar with SharePoint (able to assist users with creating, editing, and managing SharePoint sites)
- Familiar with videoconferencing (Skype for Business, MS Teams) and conference room systems (projection, large screen TVs, speakerphones)
- Patient and friendly manner with users at all skill levels
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation as you may be asked to travel to Sacramento or Santa Rosa to help with IT projects.
This position is for you if you…
- An outgoing personality with excellent people and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organization, meeting and time management skills
- A self-starter who seeks out opportunities to make improvements around the office
- Willing to roll up your sleeves with no job being out of your reach
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- Driven with a strong work ethic and motivated by efficiency and constant improvement
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives and able to adjust your style to suit your audience
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning Cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities. all persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)